What does it take to have perfect health? For me, it started with a guided meditation that helped me to create images of health and abundance. For many years, I have known that positive thoughts produce positive outcomes. I practice positive thinking most of the time, but I have to admit that I still hear old, not so positive internal dialogue.
To identify the source of my negativity, I began listening to a guided meditation as I was falling asleep each night. The meditation, Sound Health, Sound Wealth by Luanne Oakes, starts with relaxation, then directs the mind through a healing body scan that looks for places that need healing and releasing of negativity.
Amazing Things Can Happen
After a few days, I found myself feeling more grateful for the things I have and for my past experiences. I rearranged the furniture in my apartment, so it felt pleasant. In feng shui terms, it had flow. I also began thinking more about the foods I was eating to fuel my body. Then, amazing things started to happen.
First, I started reading a book that explained why I was steadily gaining weight, even though I was eating “healthy” foods. The book, the Plant Paradox by Dr. Steven Gundry, explains that steady weight gain, as well as many modern illnesses, are a result of consuming too many lectins. These are a form of protein in the seeds and skins of many plants, grains, beans, and legumes. The plants produce them to protect themselves and their seeds to ensure reproduction. When we eat them, they interfere with healthy digestion. Lectins in our food make us more susceptible to diseases, bacteria, and viruses and they promote fat storage (read weight gain).
As my nightly ritual of visualizing perfect health and abundance, I effortlessly began to eliminate lectin-rich foods that I previously thought were healthy. I cleaned out my cupboards, went shopping for non-lectin foods, and completely changed my diet. After only a few days, I had more energy and my belly felt different. I discovered the joy of great digestion.
The second thing that happened as I continued my nightly visualization, is that I found a new home that is affordable and in a great location. The finances seemed to come together magically, and I am now packing my apartment and moving into my new home.
I look forward to the unfolding of other positive events as I continue to release old beliefs and focus on abundance in my body, mind, and spirit.
Even if you don’t have a pre-recorded guided meditation, you can visualize yourself to a happier, healthier, and wealthier life. Many studies have proven that by stepping into your dream in your mind, you will change the trajectory of your life. Psychology Today references a study proving that mental imaging is almost as effective as actual practice. The study looked at brain patterns of weightlifters who “imagined” going to the gym. These weightlifters had about half as much muscle mass increase as the weightlifters who actually went to the gym.
When it comes to your health, the Healing Journal says, “Visualization exercises are some of the most powerful tools you have to create, maintain and enhance your health. ….Visualization exercises allow you to directly influence and shape your thoughts and beliefs, thereby allowing you to create whatever state of health you desire for yourself.” When you add feeling to the image of your future, it propels your mind into making it happen.
What Do You Want?
What is your wish, your wildest dream? Do you see it happening for you? It will, if you direct your inner consciousness to bring it forth in your life.
If you are in the habit of creating the future in your mind, add feelings. When you imagine your outcome, imagine how you will feel and hold that feeling as you see your wish coming true.
If you are new to creating the future in your mind, here are some simple steps to get started.
- Start simple. Think about something you would like to have or do, like a parking space on a busy street or take an action step toward one of your big goals.
- Get into a comfortable place, like your favorite armchair and on an imaginary screen out in front of you, play a movie of yourself having or doing what you want.
- Now, step into that you and play your movie again. As you do, feel the good feelings, especially when you have what you want. Then, with your inner voice congratulate yourself for making it happen.
A Healing Example
Here is an example that will ensure a positive outcome if you have an upcoming medical procedure. Mentally, put a screen up and out in front of you. On the screen, see yourself going through the procedure as if you are watching it on a widescreen TV. Imagine the doctor listening to relaxing music as he lovingly manipulates the tools that are making changes to your body. Watch and hear your doctor telling you everything went perfectly. See yourself back at home, happy, and well.
Now, step into that you and play the movie again. As you do, feel how you feel when the procedure is successful and feel how great it is when you are home and well.
Practice, Practice, Practice
When you practice letting your inner self direct your outer self, your life will begin to change in very positive ways.
Continue to practice the little things, then start working on your big dreams. I promise. They will come true.
- Gundry, Steven. The Plant Paradox. https://www.amazon.com/Plant-Paradox-Dangers-Healthy-Disease/dp/006242713X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1544787519&sr=8-3&keywords=the+plant+paradox
- INLP. Visualize Success and your performance improves-The truth. https://inlpcenter.org/visualize-success-and-your-performance-improves-the-truth/
- Oakes, Luanne. Sound health, sound wealth. https://www.amazon.com/Sound-Health-Wealth-set-CDs/dp/B000EHLL8O/ref=mt_audiobook?_encoding=UTF8&me=&qid=
- Psychology Today. Seeing is believing: the power of visualization. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/flourish/200912/seeing-is-believing-the-power-visualization
- The Healer’s Journal. How to use visualization exercises to take your health to the next level. https://www.thehealersjournal.com/2014/01/25/visualization-exercises-health-to-the-next-level/